Tuesday 10 June 2008

AFF version of Catalan

I've added initial versions of all the files needed for the AFF version of Catalan in MedSLT. Naming conventions are the usual ones, and I was able to build all the AFF Cat resources by doing

make role_marked

in the Cat/scripts directory. There should now be config files for all 5 x 5 = 25 pairs of languages in {Ara, Cat, Eng, Fre, Jap} - this involved adding a few new pairs. I only tested Interlingua to Catalan and Catalan to Interlingua. We get currently translations for about 75% of the sentences in IntCat, and about 20% in CatInt. Hopefully it will be easy to improve these figures.

Over to Pierrette and Bruna to debug the rules. Note that I have macrotised the Cat lexicon to make the AFF version work. It should be mostly OK, but there were a few cases (in particular, WH+ PPs) where I wasn't quite sure how to do the macrotisation - people who actually know Catalan should review the entries.

No comments: